Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI) Internship
June 01, 2018 - August 01, 2018
Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI), is a non-profit organization working for the last four decades through 24 State Voluntary Health Associations, 4500 member organizations and more than 1,00,000 grassroot-level health workers across the country. VHAI has been actively promoting people-centric health policies and programs and have pioneered many innovative models of sustainable health care. http://www.vhai.org/
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK), is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC that works to reduce tobacco consumption and its devastating consequences in the United States and around the world including India. By changing public attitudes and public policies on tobacco, the Campaign works to prevent kids from smoking, help smokers quit and protect everyone from second hand smoke. A non-profit organization established in 1996, the Campaign works with hundreds of organizational partners, including public health, medical, education, civic, corporate, youth and religious organizations.
Project Mentor: Vandana Shah
Internship Coordinators: Bhavna Mukhopadhyay; Seema Gupta
The Intern will be based in Delhi, India and will work with the Executive Director of VHAI and Director South Asia Programs at VHAI’s tobacco control program at the national and state level. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct research on key tobacco control issues including taxation, smoke-free, e-cigarettes, vendor licensing and prepare fact sheets and white papers
- Prepare communication materials including op-eds, articles, social media for use in state and national media
- Prepare presentations/handout for trainings and meetings with network partners
- Develop survey and/or other instruments to evaluate progress and success of state and national programs
- 5 to 10 number of op-eds, articles, social media articles
- 5 to 10 fact sheets
- One white paper
- One evaluation form/Survey and analysis of results
Project Application Process
A letter of interest and CV/resume needs to be submitted to Lysa MacKeen (Lysa.email@example.com) by January 15th.
Students will need to provide their own funding for this opportunity.
We anticipate this internship will meet the Public Policy internship requirements. Students should request approval through the Sanford School of Public Policy department.